Useful Law Links:
Report Notario Fraud
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Check the Status of Your Immigration Case Online
CIS Processing Time Reports
- California Service Center has jurisdiction over the following states: Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii and Nevada.
- Nebraska Service Center has jurisdiction over the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Texas Service Center has jurisdiction over the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
- Vermont Service Center has jurisdiction over the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC., and West Virginia.
- Vermont Service Center also has jurisdiction over the following CIS offices: Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Toronto, Montreal, Virgin Islands and the Dominican Republic.
Change Your Address Online with CIS
Make an InfoPass Appointment with USCIS
Immigration Forms, Fees & Filing Locations
Study Questions for Naturalization Examination –
CIS I-9 Central
CIS Form M-274: Handbook for Employers
CIS Civil Surgeon Locator
CIS Application Support Center
Immigration and Customs Enforcement
ICE Detention Facility Locator
ICE Online Detainee Locator System
Student Exchange and Visitor Program
U.S. Department of State
The Visa Bulletin, issued by the Department of State, details the availability of immigrant visas. All beneficiaries, with some exceptions, of immigrant petitions cannot file an application for permanent residency unless their priority date is current and applications cannot be granted until an immigrant visa number is assigned to the application. Visa Bulletins are updated on a monthly basis.
Current and past visa bulletins
Making an Appointment to Obtain a Visa from an American Consulate
J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs
J-1 Waiver Tracking System
DOS Passport Application Status
Passport-Style Photograph Requirements
Visa Reciprocity Tables
Other General Immigration Related Links:
American Embassies Around the World
Foreign Embassies in the United States
State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
American Immigration Lawyers Association
US Immigration Court Decisions
US Immigration Court
Human Rights Annual Reports
US Labor Department (immigration)
Amnesty International Country Reports http://www.web.amnesty.org/web/content.nsf/pagesbycountrytitle/gbrcountry+page
Other General Legal Links:
United States Courts:
United States District Court Northern District of Illinois:
Legal Resource Center
Nolo Criminal Law Center-Criminal Law
Code of Federal Regulations
Legal web site
Find a Federal Inmate